Donations accepted until May 31, 2013
|2013 Tri-City 3K Walk To END Lupus NOW|
Saturday, April 27, 2013, 8:30am
4400 Martin Luther King Road
Beaumont, Texas 77710
Walk with supporters from the entire Tri-City area to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. The 2013 Tri-City Walk to END Lupus Now is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family!
Why should you participate in the Tri-city Walk To END Lupus Now?
• More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus. In the Texas Gulf Coast region there are over 35,000 people who are living with lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life threatening.
• Lupus is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed disease, with no known cause.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus. Get started today!
1. Register for the Walk.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. We suggest about $300, minimum.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising money. Set up a personal page online to email to everyone you know. Inform everyone you communicate with, including all social networking media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and let them know you are participating in the 2013 Tri-City Walk To END Lupus Now fundraiser and ask for their support. Have your Facebook friends post the event on their wall.
5. Walk with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Tri-City area participants on April 27, 2013. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the Walk fundraising. Post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 19, 2013 to continue raising funds.
7. Win Great Prizes! The top three ‘individual” fundraisers on April 27, 2013 will win prizes donated by local merchants
FREE PARKING at Lamar University
T-shirt Pick Up on site beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Limited supply of t-shirts available for on-site registration.
8:00am On site late registration & t-shirt pick up
8:15am Pre-walk announcements & pre-walk stretch
8:30am Walk Begins
9:45am Announcements & Awards
10:00am Post walk festivities